Group Executive - Legal and Chief Risk Officer
NIB Health Funds Ltd
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 5th September 2018
Wednesday, September 5th, 2018
4:00 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Embracing the Future of Privacy, Trust, Protection and Ethics in Your Privacy Approach
The challenge to extract the maximum value from customer data while respecting privacy is still an ongoing quest. Businesses still need to go beyond pure compliance to entrust truth within the customer. This panel discussion will highlight how data breaches can mean disrespect to the law, a violation of ethical principles, a breach in trust and a dilution in security.
Points that will be discussed in his panel discussion:
- Over the next 12 months, how will the way we detect and remedy cyber threats change? Will traditional methods of defence become redundant?
- What does it mean for a companies to consider their ethics with respect to customer data?
- Is ‘compliance-only’ approach strategy enough? Why?
- Do you feel like your organisation has a robust and ethical solution to ensure the long-term suitability in the way they store and use data?
- Will there ever be an ethical method to collect data?