National Risk and Compliance Officer
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 4th September 2018
Tuesday, September 4th, 2018
12:10 PM How to Build a Culture of Awareness and Self- Reporting to Eliminate The Complexity of Human Errors and Ensure Customer Confidence
One of the biggest challenges in data privacy and protection is the common everyday human errors. Il-informed and unaware employees can significantly increase the risk of data breaches by using weak passwords, mistakenly delete data or fall for scams or even browse websites not under acceptable terms. In this session, Shalini will provide insight into how you can build a culture of reporting to eliminate and rectify data breaches for the best customer security.
This session will show you how to:
- Strategically implement interactive education techniques periodically to ensure staff engagement and understanding
- Effectively communicate the importance of data security and actions required when responding to a privacy threat
- Conduct security awareness programs frequently
- Provide ongoing training to ensure security maturity
7:00 AM How to Embed and Promote A Systemic Culture of Monitoring, Identification and Rectification of Compliance Breaches
Companies are now undergoing intense scrutiny to ensure that they respect and protect consumer privacy. Enterprises who fail to build consumer trust and confidence run the risks of losing their market share against competitors who can.
Today, companies must realise that their most valuable asset is the customer. If consumer information is not handled prudently, this could mean a difference between a customers staying or leaving based on whether their data is secure. The importance of protecting your consumer information is key to gaining competitive advantage.
This workshop will focus on assisting you to develop and implement a comprehensive privacy management program to achieve business privacy and trust. Manage your privacy risks with greater visibility, flexibility and efficiency with the right model of governance, technical framework and privacy workflow framework.
- Helping companies realises privacy control and business value
- Integrating consumer preferences into the organisation’s business process to foster an open communication to gain trust and boost confidence
- Selecting appropriate privacy enhancing technology to ensure the privacy of data
- Operating with standardised privacy policies to ensure data-drive decisions and organisation capability